I know a lot of us are finding ourselves with a lot more time at home lately. If you’re not already a homeschooling family like us, this might be a big change in your children’s education. However, did you know that many educational websites have free content that would be perfect for this time? This is such a blessing for many families that are now at home, and trying to figure out how to keep their kids busy and still learning. Check out this list of amazing websites who are offering free educational websites for families now finding themselves at home.
Free Educational Websites for Kids
- CircleTime Fun– learn and bond with your 0-6 year old. Use code homefun1.
- Sesame Street– this has everything your little one will love. Show clips, puzzles, and games for free.
- Sight Reading Factory– SightReadingFactory.com makes practicing the important skill of sight reading easy, effective and fun!
- Vroom– Free educational tips and science explanation for parents of children 0 to 5 available by app, text, and printables.
- Starfall– no list of free educational websites would be complete if it didn’t include Starfall. There is a paid version of this website, but so many resources are also available for free, geared for children ages in grades K-3.
- National Geographic Kids– There are amazing nature and animal videos, as well as games and activities. This one is so much fun, and entirely free!
- PBS Kids– This was always one of my favorite websites and apps for my little ones. Games, shows, and more all for free.
- NASA Kids Club– you know how much our family loves all things NASA! This website is perfect for little learners, with access to materials appropriate for teens and young adults. All for free!
- Scholastic Kids– this website has free books for all ages, as well as other interactive games and activities. Offers unique and rich experiences for kids, all for free.
- Seussville- All things Dr. Seuss for your younger learners. All for free!
For Middle and High Schoolers
- Delta Math– free website for teachers and students covering a wide range of math content from middle school through AP Calculus.
- Hippocampus– Explore over 7,000 free videos in 13 subject areas.You can create a free account and create customized playlists too.
- Idea.org– Complete activities and even get a certificate from Buckingham Palace!
- cK-12– Each lesson has a reading passage, videos, optional review questions, and self-graded practice questions. The lessons can be assigned to Google Classroom and it puts the grade in that students got on the practice questions (students must get 10 practice questions correct to get 100%).
- CMU-CS Academy– provides free, online, interactive computer science curriculum for high schools that is engaging, creative, rigorous and fun.
- Conjugemos– “Use without account” option has vocabulary, grammar, listening activities and games in Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Korean, and Latin.
- Izzit.org– covers a wide range of topics with lots of free resources.
- Khan Academy– always free and always amazing. Offers many free resources and personalized learning plans.
- Exploratorium– many science activities and lessons on many different subjects.
- Google Earth– explore the world virtually with Google Earth. My kids love this website and app!
I hope this list starts your learning at home journey more easily! Free educational websites for kids are a huge help to learning at home. No matter how long you will be learning at home with kids, these websites are a wonderful resource to save and refer back to over and over again. Happy learning my friends!
You may also like: